Architects since 1971, Alberto Ustarroz Calatayud and Manuel Iñiguez Villanueva are Professors of Architectural Design at the School of Architecture of the University of the Basque Country in San Sebastian. They have also been visiting professors at the Schools of Architecture of the Universities of Miami, Harvard, Columbia, Politecnico di Milano, Napoli, Bologna, Lausanne or Liverpool.
Among their most representative works are: Cordobilla Erreleku (1978), the project of emulation of Pliny’s Laurentine Villa (1981), the restoration the Town Hall and Main Square of Lesaka (1982), the Heath Centre of Lesaka (1883), the project for the Château Pichon-Longueville Baron à Pauillac (1988), the project of a Sophopolis on Kea Island in Greece (1993), the Health Centre and Compañia Square in Pamplona (1994) or the restoration of the Renaissance walls of Hondarribia (2002).
In 1987 they received the prestigious Prix Europeén de la Reconstruction de la Ville awarded by the Fondation pour l’Architecture Philippe Rothier de Bruxelles. Their work has been widely exhibited and published in Domus, Archives d’Architecture Moderne, A+U, Architectural Design, El Croquis or Arquitectura Viva. They also were co-directors of the magazine "Composición Arquitectónica: Art & Architecture" edited by the Faustino Orbegozo Foundation in Bilbao and published books such as "La Lección de las Ruinas: Presencia del pensamiento griego y del pensamiento romano en Arquitectura" (A. Ustarroz, 1997) or "La columna y el muro: Fragmentos de un diálogo" (M. Iñiguez, 2001). In 2017 they were dedicated the monographic exhibition “INIGUEZ & USTARROZ: Nearly Parallel Life and Works” at the 1st International Architecture Biennale of the Basque Country - Mugak.